Friday

Love, Dreams and Euphoria...

I sat near the window and stared at the orange street lights illuminating the empty streets. I could see nothing except a swarm of insects seeming to be in a race to the surface of the light.
Night-time has an effect that no other period of the day has. So silent and peaceful. Seems like a a rhythm which is melancholic and euphoric at the same time. Seems like I've never felt that way before. Seems like I've had all the emotions pass through me in that one night...

My mind wandered off to the things that I've done in the past. My first crush. My bogus captaincy of a very bogus football team. My second rank in the seventh grade. Meeting Yash. Being in the football team together. Making up stories of Gurinder and a shemale fairy who takes his ass away. First fights. Annual function. Relationships. Depression. Decisions. Very bad decisions. Meeting an angel. Regret.

I think of Yash and Gurinder. They've beeen my best friends the whole way. Gurinder always helped me when I was down and gave me the most cynical advices you could ever get. Though I've had one of my most awful fights with him; we've always been together. Enter Yash. Next year. Sitting on the first seat on the first day, hair oiled to the side. And I swear his trousers would touch his chin if he pulled them up an inch more! He wasn't interested in girls, nor did he slang. Gradually we became friends and I saw his true side. Horrifying. The most rude, extremely abusive(courtesy: Gurinder, and well, me(just a bit)) and excessively aggressive. Nonetheless, my best friend. Summer vacations ended, and came Prasanna. I've never laughed as much with anyone as I've laughed with him. He is the funniest person I've ever met. And the strangest. He didn't want anything, no relationships, no expectations from life. Content with what he had. Life seemed heaven. We four were extremely famous in school, and we were excessively happy together.
A year passed, and Prasanna revealed that his father had been transferred to Bangalore and he had to leave in a month. Yash was very upset. I always thought that Yash was the closest to Prasanna. Life was bad. Our group was broken. And to start everything from the beginning, I made one of the biggest mistakes. I switched my school. I came to my new school. Everything different. I had no friend. I kept on moving from group to group but never seemed to find the right one. I knew I had made a big mistake. Yash knew I was very upset. I knew from other sources that Yash was the most upset at our group breaking up. He did what possible no other friend would have done.

First day after the summer vacations. The day I dreaded. As I entered the classroom, I saw Yash standing, hands in his pockets. I was shocked. Happy out of my ass. I was nearly in tears. I swear. God had sent me a gift. Life was smooth. Me and Yash were together nearly everyday, and though we met Gurinder very less, every time we met, it seemed the same.
I had everything. Except one thing. I knew I couldn't complain God hadn't given me anything. I wanted love. I wanted an angel. My angel.
I don't know if it's God favouring me or my good luck, but soon enough, I got her. The perfect one. She was everything I wanted. Cute, sensible, mature, teasy(That refers to teasing), and romantic. Usually the pre-commitment period is between a month to a couple, but ours was 11 months. She was there for me throughout everything and acted as a guardian angel. She gave me everything I wanted even though I acted like a complete jerk. I love you for that baby[and every other smallest thing :)]...

I was startled by the two beeps given out by my digital clock beside me, efficiently reminding me that it was late and I ought to go sleep now. I stared the last five minutes at the orange light again. Seemed like a hundred spirits were singing the most beautiful song I'd ever heard. I got up and laid down on the bed, and closed my eyes slowly, smiling.
My gratitude to everyone I've known. My friends. My enemies. My family. You've made me what I am today. Good or bad.
Thank you my forever guardian angels- Yash, Gurinder, Prasanna, and you my Princess...
I love you guys. And I owe you many...
And no matter what the future holds. No matter even if we get separated. We're gonna give our best shot at being what we are today, forever.
I love you guys...
I'll always be there for you...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ciriusly buddy...!!!

u just rewinded everythg v had gone thru....n i never wore pants from chin(ha ha....at least after dat).
d way life has been since i hav cum 2 delhi...can't thnk of it oder dan a dream....prasanna ....n his jokes...rather stupidities n frankness...n wat he meant 2 me wud never cum bak...bt i must say u fullfilled his absence n dat wud b more dan anythg else 2 say...

i never thought any1 cud complete his absence in ma lyf bt u did it n ..... it means...it actually does...

U HAV BEEN VERY SPECIAL N HEY...I HAVEN'T BEEN ABUSIVE( ;) )

Anonymous said...

hey its simply awsm...kool..rokin..
maine yash or gurinder k baare me suna tha 4m ur princess bt aftr readin dis i feel lyk i noe dem so well....gr8 goin

Anonymous said...

srry its me...tanushree

leopiya said...

God bless ur frndship dude!
:)

Unknown said...

wow!! dat was fabulous!!
its like u have posted the most amazing parts of ur life......
i was totally immersed in it...
love it.... n ur princess is really lucky to have you.....trust me..
all the best then...
tc.

NISHAN said...

I AM DEEPLY DEEPLY TOUCHED
BY YOUR AWESOMENESS!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm....i really reget of not takin ur blog seriously...u write amazingly well n it has made me understand u much better...but one suggestion as a big sis...plzz dnt get involved wid things[ppl 4 dat matter] too much as it hurts wen u havta part wid dem...i knw da feeling...

Aniket Chakravarty said...

Yeah maybe it does...
And maybe it makes you feel the saddest person on Earth,
But right now, I am the happiest person I could be, and I dont want to live in the future and not experience the greatest joy in the fear of great despair tomorrow...
As I want it,
The punk way.

Anonymous said...

hey!!...though i hve cmmnted on dis bt i srsly kuv it man!!...it is fab.....i feel lyk readin it again n again...each n evrythin is sooo damn perfect!!...u seem 2 be sooo luky yaa....more den you ur princess....she is to mst mst lukiest gurl on dis earth...

Anonymous said...

Dude!!!..I'm speechless!..This is beyond usual..You should value and take your writing skills seriously..
And..Your friends and your princess is very lucky to have you..And so are you to have them !