Thursday

Simplicity Complicated...



I would never forget that night. I never could imagine that a simple night would cause an internal revolution inside my soul. I was listening to Lithium by Evanescence crouched under my bed sheet, chilled by the artificial coldness of the air-conditioner. I call that night a special night because that was when I discovered something as simple as A-B-C. But I guess I always do find complications in pure simplicity. Typical human nature.
I always thought I heard these sad, or perhaps dark songs because it helped me get out of the darkness, that is, depression. But that was when I realized I was totally wrong. I never did want to get out of the darkness, but right the opposite. The darkness is now my home, and I am happy to dwell in it. Life is a beautiful lie, where man-made conceptions are present. And I like to follow my own concepts, rather than following some other one’s.
And it really interests me, how we all learn so much from our inner selves. It’s as if another human inside me is teaching me to live. This factor leads me to another of my interests: Alchemy...
And the last point : hypocrisy. I have to confess I am a bit of a hypocrite myself, but according to another of my concepts, everyone somewhat follow a bit of hypocrisy. I mean you, yes you, must be someone you are not to someone! Maybe your friend, or you mother, or a junior at school. Therefore, I am not guilty of being a hypocrite at times.
For now,
I'm signing off.
Goodbye.
-Aniket-

3 comments:

leopiya said...

being gloomy is not always good.. in fact its not good at all... n i have learned it after lots of incidences occurred in my life for past few days.
Even I listen to sad songs n feel the same way you do. But, life is not sitting and cribbing on the past. Its about moving on. All bad things happening to you teach you a good lesson. So never forget what that bad phase taught you and just move on...
You'll realize that li'l birds singing and chirping morning songs are much more inspiring and refreshing than those gloomy and dark ones.
Happy living buddy!
Keep smiling! :)

Aniket Chakravarty said...

That is seriously not what I wanted to say.
I mean my blog.
It's like when I'm in some kind of depression, I am sure I want to get out of it. But then I listen to this songs which drown me some more. It's like I'm doing right the opposite of what I ought to or what I think I want to do. It's like I cry(yes cry) some more after I listen to these songs, but I want to hear it over and over again, even though I want to get out of the dark.
And the sound of the birds chirping is great, but darkness is not always negative. Ever sat on the roof staring at the moon with soft songs ringing in your ear? It's wonderful. Or perhaps just sitting in the park all alone. It gives me the shivers. And I love the feeling.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely..Darkness isn't something negative and it doesn't drive you away from the bright things..Its just that darkness makes you feel comfortable as bright things to some others..
Anyways,nicely expressed(as usual)..keep rocking..